Word Archaeology: halation

This word refers to light spreading beyond its usual boundaries to make foggy edges on a bright image in a photograph or on a television screen. It’s also known as “overglow”. The word “halation” was first used circa 1859.

Liked it? Take a second to support Wes Platt on Patreon!
Become a patron at Patreon!

Wes Platt

Lead storyteller. Game designer and journalist. Recovering Floridian.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: